Sleeping Beauties
I began this post when I was watching my favorite little Foxlettes...but it's worth finishing so ignore the present tense.
Everyday, shortly after lunch, the girls lie down to rest. And most everyday they ask me to rest with them. And I do most days if Baby Rowan isn't in need of my services. Some days they sleep and some days they don't. Most days when I rest with them they usually fall asleep for at least a half hour, which is just enough time for me to get things cleaned up from lunch.
But my favorite part of rest time is right before they fall asleep. This is generally the time they strike up some of our most interesting conversations or do the things that I might not necessarily notice when all four of them are awake.
And when I think they are sleeping too long and I need someone to play with I will creep in the room, open their blinds, and occasionally make an accidental cough. :)
(And here is where I turn to present tense...)
I certainly will not forget the conversation about whether or not "Tephanie has big girl boobies or little girl boobies" or how Abby will "have big girl boobies when she is a mommy someday."
Then there is sweet Zoe, who would spend the entire nap time playing or singing to herself. Or if I wasn't paying attention, she might sneak downstairs to play. And when asked what she was doing (while attempting to give her my best angry eyes) she replied with a smile, "Just playin'."
And of course there is Stella. The girl who I always catch biting her toe nails. Now I know this is probably not the healthiest thing for a four year old to be doing, but gosh I just find it so funny!
I certainly miss nap time because grad school allows no time for it, but more than anything I miss those three little girls more than I can explain. I can't wait to see them over break!
I do have a few pictures from nap time. As you can see, Drew took part in nap time, too. Five people on one bed...pure bliss for the little ones!
Miss Abby

Zoe and Woody

Drew and Stella :)

Love this!

Abby and her Skunky

I just happend to find them like this one day...Zoey and Stelly

Passed out after a long day of playing!

The beloved toy of the week...yes, she fell asleep with it in her hand!
Everyday, shortly after lunch, the girls lie down to rest. And most everyday they ask me to rest with them. And I do most days if Baby Rowan isn't in need of my services. Some days they sleep and some days they don't. Most days when I rest with them they usually fall asleep for at least a half hour, which is just enough time for me to get things cleaned up from lunch.
But my favorite part of rest time is right before they fall asleep. This is generally the time they strike up some of our most interesting conversations or do the things that I might not necessarily notice when all four of them are awake.
And when I think they are sleeping too long and I need someone to play with I will creep in the room, open their blinds, and occasionally make an accidental cough. :)
(And here is where I turn to present tense...)
I certainly will not forget the conversation about whether or not "Tephanie has big girl boobies or little girl boobies" or how Abby will "have big girl boobies when she is a mommy someday."
Then there is sweet Zoe, who would spend the entire nap time playing or singing to herself. Or if I wasn't paying attention, she might sneak downstairs to play. And when asked what she was doing (while attempting to give her my best angry eyes) she replied with a smile, "Just playin'."
And of course there is Stella. The girl who I always catch biting her toe nails. Now I know this is probably not the healthiest thing for a four year old to be doing, but gosh I just find it so funny!
I certainly miss nap time because grad school allows no time for it, but more than anything I miss those three little girls more than I can explain. I can't wait to see them over break!
I do have a few pictures from nap time. As you can see, Drew took part in nap time, too. Five people on one bed...pure bliss for the little ones!
Miss Abby
Zoe and Woody
Drew and Stella :)
Love this!
Abby and her Skunky
I just happend to find them like this one day...Zoey and Stelly
Passed out after a long day of playing!
The beloved toy of the week...yes, she fell asleep with it in her hand!
Comments
Post a Comment