Learning to Lope

Sometimes in life we learn to do things the "hard way." I am one of those people who makes it a habit... My most recent encounter involving a horse. (You see where this is going, right?) In the last month I've spent a couple of my weekends out west with Drew's family camping and riding horses. Other than the thirty-some bug bites I managed to have all over my legs, I absolutely loved spending my time outdoors roasting marshmallows, riding Marshmallow, paddle boating, fishing (for thirty minutes at a time), and swimming with Anna E!

Our final trip this summer ended with a bang (or a lope, rather!) Yes, for the first time in my life I was able to experience my hair blowing in the wind while riding on a horse. I was on my final ride with Shelly and Alice and managed to open my mouth before the end of the trail. At the time, I actually thought it would be funny to rub dirt all over me and say that I had fallen off of Marsh...but then Alice began to lope with Sandy. And apparently my four legged friend decided to do the same. I considered jumping off, but decided against that and hung on for dear life. And in the end I managed to bring Marsh to a halt, jump off, and admit that I no longer needed to make up any stories...I had a real one to tell!


Here comes the visuals...

These first pictures were taken out at Garst. Pictured are Shelly and Rudy, Alice and Sandy, Me and Marshmallow, and Anna and Silky.

On the move...


A nice still photo.


Sneaking a snack while we posed in the wild flowers!


Follow the leader.


Grabbing a drink at the water crossing...I nearly sunk Marsh in the sand the first time around. Second attempt was a success!


I took this...while riding a horse. You're impressed, right?


And these pictures were from our final trip. I didn't take my camera on the final ride (probably a good thing.) But trust me, the memories will be engrained in my head for all eternity. As Shelly always says, "Horses are living and breathing creatures." I'm just glad mine decided to catch it's breath!

On our way out west...with his face in a book!


Some of my favorite people!


A little small?!


Team Anna & Steph...expert paddle boaters! Not so expert lake swimmers! :)


Last minute fishing/reading trip.


A failed attempt at catching Walter...haha


Desperately needing showers at this point...


Let's call it a night!


Thanks again to Shelly for all your PATIENCE, time, work, and money you put in so we can go riding!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Duo Meet the Trio

A Bundle of Blurbs

How to pick a flower (or plant)...